Monday, November 16, 2009

Spanish Rice


2 TBL oil
1 C. uncooked rice
1 medium onion, chopped
2 1/2 C. water
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 small green onion
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce

Heat oil. Cook rice and onions in oil until rice is brown. Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat until boiling, then cover and simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir until rice is tender. If it dries out before 30 minutes, add 1/2 C. of water at a time. You don't want it crunchy, but you also don't want it mushy.

I like this recipe because: It goes great with mexican food! (Although it doesn't really taste anything like what you'd eat at a restaraunt.) I always have these ingredients lying around.

My least favorite thing: I like it more than anybody, so it usually goes down the disposal after it's been in the fridge too long because nobody else will eat it.

No comments: