Monday, November 16, 2009

Extenders

We have a family of 5 (who eat REAL food.) A box of Pasta Roni ain't exactly gonna feed everybody! I don't normally like to cook with Rice a Roni or Hamburger Helper, but when Smith's has it on sale for a buck a box I can't pass it up! Also good for those days when I just don't feel like 'cooking'! I have developed some little tricks I use to make more food without opening more boxes, I call them "extenders." Some foods I frequently extend:

Rice-A-Roni (dump in an extra 1/2 Cup or so of white rice. You can always add more water with 1/2 tsp of chicken bouillon to add more flavor.)

Hamburger Helper - more noodles

Cheap can of vegetable soup - Add your own vegetables! Saute some celery, carrots, and frozen peas then dump them in!

Pasta Roni - more noodles

There's a few I can think of. Hope this helps!!

No comments: