Monday, November 16, 2009

Bread Bowls


4 1/2 tsp yeast
2 TBL sugar
1/2 C. warm water
1 C. warm milk
2 TBL butter, soft
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 C. flour
1 egg white

Mix water, yeast, and sugar and let sit for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except egg whites. Rise in a warm place. (I turn my oven on warm before I start, then when my dough is ready I put it in a metal bowl and cover it with suran wrap and put it in the warm oven.) Punch down and separate into 6 balls. Brush with egg whites and put on greased pan. Place in warm oven again to rise. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
I like this recipe because: It's so cozy for winter and pretty easy to make.

My least favorite thing: Trying to figure out a warm place that won't cook it prematurely!

No comments: