I have never made this kind of cake before but this recipe was yummy!!1/4 cup butter
2/3 cups brown sugar
1 can pineapple (I used circles)
maraschino cherries (optional, I left them out)
Mix melted butter and sugar. Spread in 9x2 inch round pan (buttered). Lay pineapple in bottom and sides of pan. (If you use cherries put one in each pineapple).
Mix:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup milk
Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Then add eggs 1 at a time and add vanilla. Sift the dry ingredients. Then alternate dry mix with milk, starting and ending with the dry stuff. Pour batter over pineapples and bake 45 minutes at 350. Cool 15 minutes before flipping out of pan. You can top with whip cream or ice cream or just enjoy it plain!
I like this recipe because: It was just dang good!!
My least favorite thing is: I want to eat the whole thing in one day!

No comments:
Post a Comment