
1 prepared pie crust (frozen department at the grocery store. Usually $2 for 2!)
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 rib celery, chopped
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup chicken stock (I use 1 1/2 cup water with 2 chicken bullion cubes)
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
2 cups veggies (use what you like, peas, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms etc.)
Melt butter in pan. Add onion and celery. Cook until clear and soft. Add flour until lightly brown. Add chicken stock. When it thickens, add milk. Add remaining ingredients. Cook at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
I like this recipe because: It's not flavored or thickened with cream of chicken soup. This is old fashioned flour gravy style! I don't have to worry about topping the pie with crust, I leave it open.
My least favorite thing about this recipe: It takes a litte bit of time to prepare the chicken/vegetables.

No comments:
Post a Comment