
I made this last night and everybody loved it! It was easy too. Here is my adaptation.
2 bags of California Mix Vegetables (That's carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower)
4-5 potatoes, chopped into wee bits
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cups water
1 pound Velveeta Cheese (Update: I used Western Family Cheese Quik. It was $5 for TWO pounds, rather than $5 for ONE pound of Velveeta. It tasted the same.)
1 Can Cream of Celery Soup (The recipe called for chopped celery, and Cream of Chicken Soup. I didn't have any celery, so I used celery soup instead. I despise celery!)
Cook the vegetables in 4 cups of water until they start to boil. At the same time, cook the potatoes in another pot. When the vegetables are bubbling, add the celery soup. By the time this starts to boil, the potatoes should be done so add them too. Then cut the Velveeta into chunks and add it to the pot. Stir and continue to cook until bubbly. I made some rolls from the can too. Yum!!!
I like this recipe because: It's easy and I don't have to chop anything, I just dump it all in. Adding chunks of ham would make it yummy too! Ooh, bread bowls would be great as well.
My least favorite thing about this recipe is: Velveeta is a little pricey! 1 pound is 5-6 bucks! Like I said before, I tried Western Family Cheese Quik and it was the same and half the price!

No comments:
Post a Comment